You can make many plans, but the Lord’s purpose will prevail. – Proverbs 19:21 (NLT)
With one day left of 2015 I can look back and honestly say that God’s plan prevailed. This was a tough year because I had to let go of some of my desires and you can imagine that it was very frustrating and disappointing at times. But I’m thankful that even in the midst of my frustration with God and hesitation to comply with His will that He was and still is faithful.
This year I was attached to this idea of accomplishing “big things” and was utterly frustrated when the idea of what I considered a “big thing” didn’t come to fruition. But looking back I have a lot of things to be proud of such as…
- Creating and remaining consistent with my blog: I’ve dibbled and dabbled with blogging years prior to creating this one and I now realize that it was because those previous blogs were not in God’s timing or right season. (Can you believe it’s been a year already?)
- I’ve joined a bible study group that has connected me with a lot of great young women. (Pinky Promise – Houston)
- God has deposited visions into my spirit that will blossom completely in 2016. (God-willing.)
- I have my life, health, strength and loved ones.
- God has removed people, old ways and things from my life that aren’t meant to continue with me in this next season. Although difficult, I understand that God’s will is always best and some things/people just aren’t meant to go with me in 2016. All of the weight and baggage that I have been subconsciously carrying with me from previous years have been released and I have made a commitment to leave the past in 2015.
So although I don’t have “big accomplishments” to shout about as some would say (even though they’re still pretty big in some way), God has still been present in my life this year (as always) and has made subtle transformations that are preparing me for 2016. I consider 2015 to be the launching pad that will catapult me to the next level that God is taking me in 2016; “The Year that Started with a Bang.” I’ve already decreed it and things are already transitioning in preparation.
What were the highs and lows of your 2015? What are you expecting in 2016? Claim it and proclaim it because this year will surely blow your mind!
Peace and love.
Listen to my voice in the morning, LORD. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly. – Psalm 5:3 (NLT)